Speech Pathway is happy to announce that this summer from July 20-August 7, we will be hosting our 5th annual Camp Communicate! We are happy to offer two different camps this year:
1. Apraxia/Severe Articulation Camp, serves children with apraxia of speech, severe articulation disorders, and severe phonological disorders. Treatment includes intensive one-on-one sessions, small group sessions, large group sessions, and caregiver training sessions. Curriculum is customized to each individual child and will include at-home practice materials, resources for parents and teachers, and tips/strategies for continued improvement with your child throughout the year.
2. Functional Communication Camp will be for children and adolescents who need to establish basic functional communication skills. These may be children on the Autism Spectrum, those with suspected ASD, or those who are nonverbal or have limited functional communication. During this two-week intensive camp, your child will work on goals such as: basic requesting to meet wants/needs, behavioral strategies for following instructions and participating in activities. Intense instruction over this short period of time, will aim to establish functional goals that are otherwise difficult to accomplish with spread out weekly sessions. This camp will also include family training to carry out these learned skills in the home environment.
If you are interested in obtaining more information about our summer camps please contact the office at 405.603.6622
“Summer of Magic”
Get ready for “A Summer of Magic!” at Speech Pathway as part of our Fantastic Fundays program. What is Fantastic Fundays, you may ask? Well, great question!
Speech Pathway is proud to offer a “summer camp-like” experience for children of all ability and communication levels. Each week will have a different theme, like dinosaurs, pirates or superheroes! Camp will be held three days a week, and it is up to you if you want to attend one, two, or all three days. Each session will be run by the highly-trained Speech Pathway Team, and will include fun, games, and snacks!
Camps will be held June 1-26 and July 6-17. There will be more information coming soon, so stay tuned!
Summer Feeding Program
Are you concerned about your child’s nutrition and health because of their difficulties with eating? Does your child have trouble chewing and swallowing foods or avoid entire food groups? Ask about our summer feeding services for children ages 2 and up!
Does your child receive speech services at the school? Or does your crazy schedule during the school year limit you from coming to speech therapy as often as your child needs? Well, we have the solution for you! We are proud to offer “Summer Slam!”
Summer Slam was created for anyone who wants to take advantage of increased frequency and intensity of treatment to improve outcomes. Some people who may benefit from Summer Slam include:
- Children who receive speech services at their school, but do not receive summer services.
- Current Speech Pathway clients who attend speech 1 or 2 times per week, but think that a short burst of increased frequency would positively impact their child’s progress.
- Children who have a specific skill they are hoping to master (finally getting that tricky R sound, cleaning up that slushy S sound, mastering the ability to make requests with a variety of communication modalities, etc.)
Summer Slam is all about providing intense services in order to achieve amazing outcomes during a short period of time when it works for your schedule!
Sessions can range from 2-5 times per week and can last anywhere from 2 weeks to the entire summer, whatever makes sense for your family.
Sessions are limited. So, please talk to your therapist soon if you are interested in taking advantage of this opportunity.